Cauliflower Crust Pizza
A low-carb, low-fat, healthy alternative to pizza!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Does this look wrong?
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. Italian cheese blend
- 2 T. basil pesto, see notes below
- 1 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 1/2 c. Italian cheese blend for topping
- Preheat oven to 400
- Remove the chunky green leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut the head in half lengthwise (this just makes it easier to cut off the stem). Remove the stem and any other thick fibers attached to the florets.
- Lightly wash and dry with a paper towel. Place florets in a food processor and pulse until rice-like. If you don’t have a food processor, use a box grater!
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and zap for 4 minutes. Once cool, transfer to a kitchen towel and squeeze out as MUCH moisture as possible. Squeeze it good!
- Once cool, add to a bowl with the egg, cheese, pesto, and seasonings. Combine and form a ball with your hands.
- Press the ball out to form a pizza shape on a baking stone lined with parchment paper. If still wet, use a dry kitchen towel to help shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bottom and edges are brown and crispy.
- Take out of the oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings of choice. Bake until cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown on the edges (10 minutes).