- 1/3 cup firmly packed sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil) boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. As you do so, place them in a saucepan of salted water to prevent discoloration. Then cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Place the scallions in a large serving bowl with the cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and gently squeeze them to remove excess moisture. Finely chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl. When the potatoes are tender, drain them thoroughly and add them to the bowl. Toss the salad, and add salt and pepper to taste.