- YIELD: 3 Servings
- PREP: 10 mins
- COOK: 25 mins
- READY IN: 35 mins
Cauliflower Mashed Pseudo Potatoes. You will never miss mashed potatoes once you try this yummy cauliflower substitute. And you get all of the healthful benefits of the vegetables, spices, and flavors in this dish.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower cut into large florets, stem sliced 1/2
- 1 Medium Apple peeled and cored, chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the cauliflower, apple, onion, and curry powder. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and mix well until the cauliflower is coated in the oil and spices. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the water. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is completely tender, 10–15 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor and pulse the cauliflower mixture until it is creamy but thick, similar to the consistency of mashed potatoes. Add a little more water if necessary, but be careful or you’ll wind up with cauliflower soup.
- Check for seasoning and add more salt or pepper if necessary. Any leftover mashed cauliflower can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.