Doesn’t this sound absolutely delicious? Believe me, it is – you will love it! This dish doesn’t have a single hashbrown in it – but the plantains cook up beautifully to mimic them. So very good!
This will keep you going strong all day long.
- Butter for the pan
- 2 green plantains, peeled and grated on a box grater
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound fresh Chorizo Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, diced
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In an oven-safe or cast-iron skillet, crumble and brown the chorizo. Remove from the pan and reserve.
3) Heat a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the plantains and onion. Season with salt. Stirring occasionally, cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Add the chorizo back into the pan and stir to combine.
4) Use a spoon to create 6 wells. Crack an egg into each well. Place the skillet in the oven and cook until the eggs are set, about 8 minutes.
5) Carefully remove from the oven, and top with diced avocado, salsa, and a few dashes of hot sauce
This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks called Primal Cravings – the recipes are all amazing!