- 1 large head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup of lard, butter, tallow or coconut oil (you could also use bacon fat and then omit the salt; I used lard).
- 8-10 coves fresh garlic, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 2 tsp)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Wash cauliflower and cut into florets. You can use the stem too. Place in a casserole dish.
- Melt cooking fat (either in the microwave or on the stove top). Toss with cauliflower in the casserole dish. Next toss with lemon zest, crushed garlic, salt and pepper to coat well.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes (depending on how big your florets are; mine took 30 minutes), stirring once half way.
- Remove from oven and toss with fresh parsley. Serve!