10 ways to be in the moment
Too many people are living in the past or future and are missing what is going on right now-the present. Children live in the present and we all need to be more like them.
- Deep Breathe
- Chew Food and take your time
- Drink tea-you have to take your time
- Drink broth-has glycine which heals the gut and boosts the mood
- Meditate-truly experience in the moment
- Walk outside-focus on nature, grounding with bare feet and the earth is even better
- Sit by the ocean-automatically calms anxiety and increases serotonin.
- Gratitude list-write down 5 things you are grateful for every day. It increases feel good chemicals in the brain. Giving thanks lowers cortisol which reduces stress.
- Epsom salt bath-magnesium relaxes your muscles and most of us are deficient in magnesium.
- Yoga/stretching. When you are doing yoga and breathing you are in the moment as you think about the pose you are holding. The breathing along with the stretching is very calming. It is wonderful! The best cds for yoga is Rodney Yee. He has 20 minute workouts that are easy to follow and very relaxing.