- 2 lbs organic carrots
- 1-2 can(s) coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- ginger, ground*
- curry powder*
- cayenne pepper*
- sea salt and pepper* to taste
- 1 tsp. of orange blendfresh
- Cut unpeeled carrots into 1 inch pieces, and boil until soft.
- Wait for carrots to cool (VERY important if putting in blender, because mixture WILL explode out of blender if too hot… I learned this the hard way).
- Blend carrots with coconut milk in blender or food processor.
- Pour into bowl, and add oils and spices.
- Freeze some for later!
I’m sure it’s no surprise that carrots are VERY good for you (as are ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon, but that’s a whole different post!).
– rich in Vitamin A (more than spinach and kale combined!!)
– helpful for fighting sugar cravings
– lots of beta-carotene (cancer fighting antioxidant)
– benefits the lungs
– strengthens spleen-pancreas
– improves liver function