*This recipe was from therawtarian.com
- 2 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or slightly less)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Optional: 2 to 3 more tablespoons water if needed to facilitate blending
- Throw all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend. This recipe can be a bit of a @#$#$% when blending, so if you’re having trouble getting the mixture to mix properly, turn your high-speed blender off and insert a spatula down one side to let a pocket of air down near the blades. Then remove the spatula, put the lid back on and continue blending–going from slow all the way up to fast again. You can also add a bit more water (mentioned above) but I try not to add any more water than three additional tablespoons because I like to keep the texture nice and thick.
- Serve with noodles . For noodles, you all know that I am obsessed with kelp noodles, so that’s what I use for my raw macaroni and cheese extravaganzas. But if you’re cheap and/or disorganized and don’t have raw kelp noodles, you can make zucchini noodles using a carrot peeler.
- Garnish with lots of pepper! Normally, I don’t really like pepper, but this recipe just totally gets better when you sprinkle a lot of pepper on it. Don’t ask me why. It just does. Oh! And you could also even serve with raw ketchup.