Makes 12 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes total
- 1 1/2 (or two small…mine were huge) Red Bell Peppers
- 6 strips of bacon (I like Applegate Farms)
- 1 small cooked chicken breast
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Also, light your grill if you plan on roasting the peppers before baking. It’s not really necessary but adds flavor.
- Chop red bell pepper into large chunks about 1” thick boats. I got twelve pieces out of 1 1/2 bell peppers.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Lay pepper pieces on the grill and close the lid. Cook until slightly charred, about 8 minutes. (You can skip this step and just pop them in the oven raw if you want, they will just take longer).
- Break your cooked chicken breast into 12 bite sized pieces. Separate each bacon slice lengthwise into two pieces.
- When your peppers are done let them cool (I didn’t wait ‘cause I was hungry). Place the piece of chicken in the pepper boat and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Wrap the strip of bacon around to hold it all together.
- Repeat and place in a baking dish. Bake for approx 25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. If your peppers were not pre-cooked it may take longer.
Note: This could also work starting with uncooked chicken, just make sure everything is cooked when you pull it out of the oven. I just had cooked chicken on hand so that’s what I used.