- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tsp finely chopped Fresh Sage (about 10 leaves, or substitute 2 tsp dry Rubbed Sage)
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Mace
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp tallow or other cooking fat for frying
- Combine spices with beef and mix well (I like to use my hands for this step).
- Form sausage into patties (I typically make 3 or 4 patties per pound). Alternatively, you could buy sausage casings and stuff with the Sausage Stuffer attachment of your Meat Grinder.
- Heat tallow in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage patties for 8-10 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for another 7-8 minute on the second side, until fully cooked.
- Alternatively, place sausage patties on a cookie sheet and bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes (no need to flip mid baking).