- 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt (a generous pinch)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Extra coconut oil for frying
- Peel plantains (I find it easier to quarter them before I peel them) and place pieces in your blender (preferred) or food processor (okay) with the eggs. Blend to form a smooth batter (if your blender has a smoothie function, that works well here).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and process on high for an additional minute (or 2-3 with a food processor to get a really good smooth batter).
- Heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan or on a griddle over medium-high heat. Pour batter into the frying pan until your pancake is the desired size.
- Let cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it (just like regular pancakes!).
- Flip! And cook on the second side for 1½-2minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more coconut oil to your pan as needed.