Blueberry cheesecake bites
- 1 cup coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 dates
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Zest of one lemon
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and chill for about 20 minutes, or until the texture of the mixture resembles thick fudge.
- After the mixture has sufficiently chilled, remove from the fridge. Working quickly, use a tablespoon measure to scoop out equal amounts and roll into balls. Place these on the parchment-lined baking sheet. And then place them back in the fridge while you make the carob sauce.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the prepared Blueberry Cheesecake Bites from the fridge. You can either drizzle or dunk the bites in the carob sauce. Place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet and then put them in the fridge to chill.
This recipe makes about 20 Blueberry Cheesecake Bites, which are best served straight from the fridge. Enjoy!