Banana Bread (using coconut and almond flour)
For one loaf I use a 5×8″ pan but you can go smaller for a taller loaf, and this recipe is easy to double for two loaves.
Update: I also use the Magic Line loaf pans for this recipe. They bake evenly and bread slices come out of the pan quite easily. If you want to remove the entire loaf from the pan, I would still line it with parchment paper.
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas (about 1 cup of mashed banana)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (or honey for SCDers)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F/175° C.
- Using a whisk or fork, blend all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients together, blend well, and then mix them into the dry ingredients. I use a mixer to ensure the batter is well blended.
Oil or butter the baking pan. Add the batter to a baking dish. I’m currently loving Magic Line loaf pans. Just grease them and off you go.